Monday, July 9, 2012

Stampendous and Envirotex are teaming up!

I get to do soooo many exciting things as a Design Team Member on the Stampendous Impressions team!!!

Last week we teamed with ClearScraps to create some amazing albums and this week we are teaming up with Envirotex and we are playing with Resin!!!
Honestly, I had never heard of this stuff when my box of Jewelry Resin arrived at my house and I was a little intimidated....but once I got started I found a new love!

There are so many possibilities with this amazing product!
All week long members of the Stampendous Design Team will be sharing what they created with you and it will all end on Saturday with a fun Hop!

Today I have my first project to share which is a simple card.


Where's the resin?  It's on the button embellishment!
Yep, that blue framed candle is a big button!

I stamped the candle from Party Invite Perfectly Clear Stamps by Stampendous on a white oval panel and glued it to the inside of the button. I covered the top of the paper with glue and allowed to dry.  Then I poured in my resin and allowed it to dry.  It's raised up like it's under glass and looks really cool in real life!


All the paper and card stock is Recollections paper from Michael's and I used Jeweled Gold and Red Dragon Embossing powder by Stampendous.

Here's a peek at the inside of the card.


Intrigued?
You can see some more Stampendouse and Resin inspiration on my fellow DT members Blogs:

and...I'll have another fun Resin project to share with you tomorrow too!

Kristine

18 comments:

Scrappychick said...

What an awesome way to show off the resin in that shiny big button! Love it!

Nikki said...

Very kewl love it :)

Beetique said...

This was pretty neat. I've never done card making or scrapbooking but I have used stamping and resin on my jewelry creations.

Susie Moore said...

That is stinkin' cute! I never would have thought to make an embellishment like that.

Kristie Maynard said...

Love your card! What fun to be making your own embellishments like this. The cool products out there boggle the mind!

StampendousGraphics said...

This is fantastic, Kristine! Great job incorporating the button and resin with stamps!!

Melinda Gleissner said...

OK Kristine, I love this! The resin-filled button is really adorable, too cute!

seau said...

Ahh Kristine, this is such a cute birthday card. I love the little candel treatment. Great Job!.TFS.

Carol said...

Wow, what great ideas!!

Carol B
ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

Terri Burnette said...

Very cute. Like the button idea

Miriam Prantner said...

What a great way to dress up that button!

Pam Hornschu said...

Okay, I just wasn't getting the button when they sent it to us, but you really made it work! The perfect accent to this birthday card.

Unknown said...

I love all the bright colors and being able to design your own embellishments makes it so much better

April Derrick said...

Creative way to use the resin!

Wendy said...

Awwwwww.....darling!!! Love how simple!! Way to go Kristine!

Sue D said...

This looks awesome!

Suzanne C said...

Love the happy colors and design! Sweet card!

Lea said...

That card is just so happy and bright, I love it! What a clever way to use that big ol' button! Absolutely awesome!